Monday, January 31, 2011

January 2011 :Valentine Shilohs


Theme: "Shiloh Valentine"
Name: Phantom & Petra
Owner/Photographer: Clare Robison

I am touched that the photo of Phantom and Petra was chosen for February and St. Valentine’s Day. It pretty much sums up what Phantom and Petra meant to one another - they were always smooching!

Phantom was a diplomat and treated any dog that came to stay here with respect and an iron paw. However, when Petra came along she stole his heart and earned his everlasting devotion – they were inseparable and he protected her from all he deemed threatening but she could do anything to him and he took it all in stride. Though he’s been gone nearly two years, I can still see him washing her face after she came home from her walks, even after he was unable to join us those last few months of his life. He was the kind of dog that doesn’t come around too often in life and I am so glad we gave him his forever home.

Petra is a the sweetest, softest dog I have ever lived with and I often say that I wish I had ten of her because she is so solid with other dogs and a true ambassador for my business. I recall the drive to Susi Ramstead’s nearly 7 years ago, thinking I must be crazy to get a Shiloh puppy as Phantom already filled up the house LOL A short time later I began building the dog walking/pet care business I have now and Petra became my “assistant” in temperament testing all of the dogs that crossed our threshold for boarding and daycare. Good thing I did bring her home!

This photo is, for me, a happy memory of them together that I will treasure all my life....thanks to all for finding it a worthy descriptor of the month of love.

Clare Robison
Saratoga, CA