Theme: "Shilohs in Motion"
Name: ShadowGate's Link to Holland aka Link
Owner/Photographer: Willemijn Kok
"Link is a sweet and fun girl, very active, alert and attentive. And she sure can move!
She was born in April 2008, out of ShadowGate’s Star Talonator and CJ's Mighty Zeus of Genesis. We live in the Netherlands, 6 km from the beach, and we enjoy it as often as we can. We have completed 3 legs of basic obedience, one of Ralley-O, and we’ve tried a little herding and searching, in which she also did well.
It all started out with a silly test on the internet, one to find which dog breed would suit you best. Among the outcomes was a breed I had never heard of: that is when I started researching the Shiloh Shepherd. Since there were no active breeders in Europe then, I ended up travelling to Canada to pick her up.
In the years we’ve had her, we’ve completely fallen in love with the breed, got to know several owners and breeders (by e-mail, the yahoo-group and visiting the Nationals last year) and feel like part of a huge, international family.
We have some very exciting news! This spring, we’re hoping on Link’s first litter!! I am very thankful for all the experienced breeders that are mentoring me, passing on their knowledge to a newbie like me.
This sharing, positive attitude is one of the huge assets of the ISSDC.
Willemijn & Link
www.totemshilohs.com
Name: ShadowGate's Link to Holland aka Link
Owner/Photographer: Willemijn Kok
"Link is a sweet and fun girl, very active, alert and attentive. And she sure can move!
She was born in April 2008, out of ShadowGate’s Star Talonator and CJ's Mighty Zeus of Genesis. We live in the Netherlands, 6 km from the beach, and we enjoy it as often as we can. We have completed 3 legs of basic obedience, one of Ralley-O, and we’ve tried a little herding and searching, in which she also did well.
It all started out with a silly test on the internet, one to find which dog breed would suit you best. Among the outcomes was a breed I had never heard of: that is when I started researching the Shiloh Shepherd. Since there were no active breeders in Europe then, I ended up travelling to Canada to pick her up.
In the years we’ve had her, we’ve completely fallen in love with the breed, got to know several owners and breeders (by e-mail, the yahoo-group and visiting the Nationals last year) and feel like part of a huge, international family.
We have some very exciting news! This spring, we’re hoping on Link’s first litter!! I am very thankful for all the experienced breeders that are mentoring me, passing on their knowledge to a newbie like me.
This sharing, positive attitude is one of the huge assets of the ISSDC.
Willemijn & Link
www.totemshilohs.com
