Theme: "Boys Only"
Name: Kai-Lyn’s Carter of Mt. Airy (aka Carter)
Owner/Photographer: Shilohs of Kai-Lyn/Virginia Storey
"Oh, where to start. Firstly, I’d like to acknowledge the great number of other very handsome guys in this months “Boys Only” contest! Carter and I appreciate your votes from this impressive line up!
Carter came to us at 11 weeks of age from Nancy Dietz of Mt. Airy Shilohs, out of Shy and Noah (2005). He’s a beautiful, big boy in his full maturity, standing 30 inches and 130 lbs. He was a chunky little teddy bear as a pup, and he’s remained the same sweet, wonderful teddy bear as a grown-up - except bigger of course! Carter is a true gentle giant. He loves absolutely everybody, kids to the elderly, new friends and old friends. He has to greet everyone with a gift in his mouth, be it a toy, or stick, or even a small leaf that he’s found in the yard! We are truly blessed to share our lives with this extraordinary spirit wrapped up in a Shiloh Shepherd.
Carter has sired 5 beautiful litters and we’ve kept three of his daughters, Poppy, Ruby and China. You can read about these girls on our website: http://www.kailynshilohs.com . He seems to consistently reproduce his wonderful temperament, size, and beautiful head structure in his progeny. And I’m even seeing a lot of “Carter-ness” in the pups from his daughter Poppy’s first litter too! I couldn’t be more delighted. As June is the month for Father’s Day, Carter has really proven to be an exceptional sire.
Since I learned he’d won this photo contest I’ve been wondering what the heck I should write! This afternoon I was in the yard with all seven dogs as they ran and played together. I was trying to take some pictures of the girls when I felt a nudge at my side, and looking down I see Carter staring up at me with his gentle smiling eyes. Although the sun was hitting him just right, I was compelled to simply kneel down beside him and hug him tightly as he leaned back against me. I was telling him how much I love him. He buried his big bear head into my lap then rolled over for his favourite belly rubs, just as the sun seemed to cast a heavenly glow over us both. That brief moment could have lasted forever.
His beauty is intangible, his spirit is pure. Our love for him is immeasurable. Carter is the essence of the Shiloh Shepherd that I wish for everyone."
Thank you again,
Virginia Storey
