Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 2010 :Patriotic Shilohs

Theme: "Patriotic Shilohs"
Name: Miracle's First Mountain Man aka Colter
Owner/Photographer: Peggy Bennett of Albert Lea, Minnesota

Colter is my first Shiloh Shepherd.  He came into my life at eight weeks of age in April, 2009, all the way from Jan Burke’s Miracle Shilohs on Prince Edward Island (Canada) to my southern Minnesota home.  Since I love Native American and early American history, I named him after a mountain man and explorer of the latter 1700s named John Colter.  (Colter’s predecessor, Bridger, a Lab-Border Collie mix, was named after a mountain man also.) 

Colt is a 17-month-old (big!) bundle of joy.  He lives in the house with me and his cat brother Moshie, and also travels with me quite often visiting family and friends.  Colter is gentle, intelligent, beautiful, and personality plus.  I am now a Shiloh Shepherd lover for life, and Colter is my number one Shiloh buddy!