Wednesday, October 6, 2010
October 2010 :Veterans
Theme: "Veterans"
Name: NS biCH Nobles Oso Bello De Oasis aka Bello
Owner/Photographer: Gloria Setterlund, Noble Acres Shiloh Shepherds
"Bello was my first Shiloh Shepherd. I wanted a plush gray sable with a calm, sweet temperament. I just wanted a pet but Tony told me if I wanted him I would have to agree to at least show him a few times and make him available for two breedings. That didn't seem like too much to ask, so I agreed to take him. He arrived at our home just after Christmas in 1997 as the most beautiful fluffy gray baby I'd ever seen. I fell in love the moment he walked out of the crate at the airport and I loved him more each day.
To keep my end of the deal I took Bello to the rare breed shows in Hutto, Texas where I met many new, very dear friends. Bello didn't like the shows, but he would try so hard to do whatever he thought it was I wanted. He grudgingly tried obedience and agility but his heart obviously wasn't in any of it. I learned so much about the breed and breeding in that first year from the ISSDC breeders and many AKC breeders that I knew that we decided to try finding a female to start our own kennel. Bello became our foundation dog and has been the sire to 4 litters and grand-sire, then great grand-sire, to many more. I see him in our babies - his sense of humor, his smile, his desire to please, his "talk" whenever he had something to say, his calm, steady disposition that allowed me to take him anywhere and trust him totally.
We lost our dear Bello earlier this year at the age of 12 1/2. I miss him. He was such a huge part of my life. I still cry sometimes when I see his picture, but I can look at it longer now and I smile at his sweet memory. Thank you all who voted for him."
Gloria Setterlund
Noble Acres Shiloh Shepherds
